Monday, March 30, 2009

Here goes....

I'm going to rant and you are going to have to deal with it.
I am annoyed.
Can you tell?
Really, really annoyed.
I have been since Saturday.
I tried to cover it up on Saturday evening during my lovely meal with Tommy and Julie. I tried to cover it up at church yesterday. I think I did a good job.

But, I've been waiting until this moment. The moment that I could come on here and vent. Well, actually, I didn't wait until this moment. I vented on the phone to my Dad whilst walking to the restaurant that I was to have dinner with Tommy and Julie at. Dad, if I forget one of the many points that I ranted about then please, please remind me. I wouldn't want to miss anything.

I think maybe I will do this in bullet points.

Scotland v Holland:
  • The doorman at Nevada Smith's telling me that I couldn't stand in a particular place to make a phone call. You give me cell phone reception in that dingy basement and then I will move! I especially need to call people when you aren't letting anyone else into the building and my friends aren't here yet! Horrible, grumpy man. Boo you!
  • The TV screen that I was able to see (The place was packed and there wasn't much room so I stood where I could.) decided that it would like to be fuzzy for the better part of the first half and all of the second. Just what I wanted. Thank goodness that I didn't have to pay a cover to get in.
  • Missing the anthems because they hadn't put the game up on the screens yet. Erm, the anthems are the best bit!

And I haven't gotten to the football yet:

  • The stinking tackles that the Dutch were putting in. Animals.
  • Alexander and Teale constantly being left for dust. CONSTANTLY!
  • Everyone standing still for the first goal. Hello, defend please! That is what your day job is so it shouldn't be beyond you!
  • The infringement on our goalkeeper for their second goal.
  • The non-infringement on their goalkeeper for our goal that was disallowed. If Holland's wasn't an infringement, then our was a walk in the park on a sunny day.
  • The fact that Holland were awarded (fairly, I will give them that!) a penalty right after our goal was disallowed. How different the game could have been!
  • I didn't even know that Barry Ferguson was playing until the 80th or so minute. What had he been doing for the entire match?? Did he even touch the ball? Seriously?
  • Arjen Robben. Just because he is a diving idiot who thinks he is awesome and our players didn't do anything to prove that wrong. It killed me the number of times that he breezed passed multiple players. He is not that good so don't let him be!
  • George Burley. AWFUL! Really, really awful!! I must say that I am usually supportive of the managers that are involved with the teams that I support but this is just ridiculous. I never had high hopes for him and he proved me right. Oh, how I miss Walter Smith or Alex McLeish!
  • I remembered during the match that Tommy Burns had died and that made me sad.
  • The fact that Kris Boyd, who has scored 21 goals this season already, will not play because George Burley is manager. I know that he has fallen out with Walter Smith too at Rangers but seriously! If the guy is scoring that many goals why in the world did you not play him when you first became manager, George. We do need someone who can score goals. A little birdie told me that you have to score more than the other team to win a match. Think about it! Maybe to get Boyd to play again Burley has to step down. To be honest, I'm ok with that!

Ok, I think that is my rant over. I think. Maybe I'll have more after the Iceland game (must win, by the way, boys. Do you think you can handle it??) but I hope, hope that I won't. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.......

1 comment:

johnhugh said...

Don't think you've missed any points!!!