Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Tale of Two Movies

This morning the girls, Robbin and I went to see the Jonas Brothers 'Concert Experience'. I had been all enthusiastic about going, especially because we were using it as a fundraiser for the 8th grade. 8th grade fundraisers are about all we think about in this house right now. I love them, especially when I win a Peyton Manning signed football. Not too shabby! Anyway, that is beside the point. I WAS excited about going but this morning I really didn't want to wake up. I'd had a busy week (compounded by the fact that I didn't go to bed until late every night - well, late being 10.30-11pm - I need a LOT of sleep!) and was sorely tempted to not go this morning. It was a special school showing of the movie and so it started at 10am. We were there at 9.30am. Too early for a Saturday.

Well, I've got to tell you, the movie was awesome. The girls and their friends LOVED it. Alex especially because she had actually been at the concert that they filmed for the movie. She saw herself 5 times today. I didn't see her once but she knew where she was sitting. They'll just have to get the DVD when it comes out and use freeze frame.

The tickets, surprisingly, hadn't sold well for the movie - our showing of it anyway - so there were lots of empty seats. We used that to our advantage...... cheering, dancing, you know making it into a concert atmosphere. I must admit that that was the adults more than the kids though.
So, I spent my morning screaming like a tween and dancing in the aisles of a movie theater. I am ever the classy lady, I'm sure you'll all agree.

My afternoon was very chilled in comparison. I watched the end of Tess of the D'Urbervilles which I had started last night. This wasn't the new version but the 1998 one. I loved it. I didn't know the story at all. So tragic but so good! I did keep getting weirded out by the actor who played Angel, Oliver Milburn.I kept thinking that I was watching Mathew Tait or one of his brothers acting. It was so strange.

I borrowed Elizabethtown from the library today and started watching it but I got annoyed that Orlando Bloom's American accent kept sounding English. Not good. Either one or the other please, not both at the same time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh you really should watch the new bbc one jo! (i have it- we can watch it when you come home and CRY!!!) angel annoyed me in the new one too- however i don't think even RA could make Angel Clare unannoying:( but is it wrong to love alec? only in the bbc version though cos he doesn't have a dodgy moustache and is played by hans matheson:) i love him.