Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Yesterday I had an awesome time with Mari. It really was great! We met up in Darlo and then went to Coopers for lunch. We just talked and talked. We took so long in deciding what we were going to eat, I think the waitress was getting a little annoyed. We were talking and laughing very loudly as well so I don't think that we were too popular with everyone else either. We had fun though. Mari showed me some pics of her family and friends. Her little sisters, Anna and Eri, well, they ain't so little anymore! I can't believe how grown up they are.

Anna is in her first year at uni! Crazy! So we had a nice lunch then wandered around Darlo for a bit. Whilst meandering in the Cornmill I spotted Emilaaaa, Shelley and Katie so had a quick chat with them. They get their results tomorrow so I think they are a bit nervous.
Then Mari and I went to look at mobile phones because I was wanting to get a new one but the shop was too busy so we decided to go to Costa in Ottakers because we had done the same last time she was over.

We then went back to the phone shop where I got my flashy new phone (same number) and then we headed back to my house and hung out there for awhile.

Then all too soon she had to leave! *sob* I was very sad to see her go because she is so awesome and I wish she lived a little nearer than Japan!

In the evening I went to the church and made up the sweet bags for Holiday Bible Club next week (the kids all get sweet bags on the last day). It is definitely my favourite HBC preparation job - although painting is fun as well. I think I ate more of the sweets than went in the bags but we had enough so I guess it doesn't matter! The next job was to help Simon with building the pyramid (the theme is Egyptians). Sophie was very good at helping - Beth was good too. Adam was NOT but neither was I! We just got in the way! Simon was very scary - building the pyramid was very stressful and extremely complicated. I couldn't understand it and we were only using cardboard boxes!! lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo! I just got your card in the mail! It was like celebrating my birthday all over again! Haha... Thank you so much! Love ya~ Deborah

*Jo* said...

I can't believe how long it took to get there! I sent it a week before your birthday! sorry!