Saturday, August 05, 2006

Today was a great day. The first day of the football season. I wasn't really excited about it until my Dad was parking the car at the stadium. Unfortunately when I was walking to my seat the first player that I saw of Season 2006/7 was Barry Conlon - URGH!!! I just can't get across to you how much this man annoys me. I'm sure that he is a really nice person but as a footballer he is just very frustrating and I was a bit gutted when we re-signed him this summer, especially since Ryan left (how I miss him *sob*). It was so weird watching the players warm up because I didn't recognise very many of them at all. We have signed 9 new players this summer so it is definitely a new look team.
It was a good match today - I honestly don't have a clue how Macclesfield did not score. They should feel very hard done by. They hit the post twice and Sam Russell made some AMAZING saves. He seems to be getting back some of his form that he was lacking a bit last season. Well Darlington ended up winning 4-0. Three of those goals ended up coming from Barry Conlon. I know that you will be thinking, 'Well he's obviously fantastic! Why doesn't she like him?' NO! He doesn't put in any effort to play football but expects the ball to come straight to him and then complains and doesn't try to get the ball back when he loses it. He just doesn't seem to show a lot of passion. He is obviously a great goal scorer but just think at how amazing he would be if he just tried!

So Darlington are starting off the season at the top of the league because we have the best goal difference - I just wonder how long that will last!

Please go to www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk and run a search for Derek Martin. You should get a story titled 'Boys' Lobster Catch Wins Royal Approval' dated 05.08.06. It is an article about my cousin, Derek, the Queen and some lobsters. I think it is awesome and kind of hilarious!! Nice one Der!

No comments: