Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Last night I got a call from my driving instructor saying that he had a cancellation at 10.30am and would I like to move my lesson to then instead of having it at 8am. I was so happy! There was no way that I could get out of bed to be out of the house by 8am! So I had my driving lesson at 10.30am. It went really well! I managed to do 3 reversing round corners in a row without any help!! I am so pleased! Hopefully it will continue to go well in my next lesson. I was pretty relieved when 12.30pm rolled around though.
This afternoon I'm not doing a great deal. John and Morag went to Durham and I could have gone too but I'm feeling pretty wiped from my driving lesson. So, I'm just hanging about the house. My Dad is home this afternoon because he is on-call.
I've just realised that I haven't put any of my Keswick pics up. I'll have to do something about that!

Darlington won again last night. We beat Accrington Stanley 2-0. It was Accrington's first home league game in 44 years so they really wanted to win.... but they didn't. We did. So we are still top of the table. Pretty much the whole of the season left to go but it is looking positive. Should I feel bad about ruining Accrington's party? I don't. Plenty of other times our parties have been ruined by other teams (e.g. our last game at the old stadium, our first game at the new stadium). We went there to win and get the points and we did so I'm pleased. Accrington haven't got any points on the board yet so I hope that they start getting some soon. I'm just glad that they didn't gain any points last night!!
Encouraging for Darlo was that the players who scored are both midfielders and not strikers. Last season (and many previous) we had a problem about goals and where they were coming from so this is a great improvement. I just hope that it lasts!!!

No comments: