Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We have my Mum and Dad's good friends, John and Morag, staying with us at the moment. All their kids are at an APC camp in Inverness so they thought that they would come and stay with us for a few days.
Today Mum, John, Morag and I went to Castle Howard which is a big stately home in North Yorkshire. It was pretty impressive. It totally got me in a Pride and Prejudice mood. There is even a lake in the grounds (if you have seen the BBC version!!). It also got me thinking of North and South which isn't set in stately home kind of places but there was a rose garden and there were only one or two roses in bloom which was a shame. Just a note of explanation - Margaret in N&S used to live in a house with copious amounts of roses in the garden. It was always a happy place for her. When she visits sometime later the new owners have got rid of all the roses and it is terribly sad. So, as I was walking around the garden feeling sad that there were no roses I couldn't help but think of N&S.
Tomorrow I have a very early driving lesson - 8 o'clock it starts at!! Is that even a time???

Happy Birthday Deborah!!! No longer a teenager!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm feeling old. Haha... Have fun at your drivng lesson. :)