Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I'll start off with Saturdays football result... Darlington lost... AGAIN! We were playing Swindon who are as yet unbeaten this season. We lost 2-1. Julian Joachim came on as a sub and it was just so bizarre because I never thought that he would get such an amazing reception (considering he scored two goals against us last weekend!) but his presence really lifted the crowd. And we really needed it. Darlo were abysmal! At one point in the first half I got my book (Jane Eyre - which I have now finished! AWESOME!) and read some of it. It is a bad sign when the book comes out! Sadly though Joachim didn't score.
On Sunday there was a 'fellowship tea' at church because Holiday Bible Club was starting the next day. I made Sticky Toffee Brownies for it which seemed to go down well but I think my friends were just humouring me! I really wish I could bake well. I would bake all the time if I could but then I'd get even fatter because I would be eating all the finished product! After the evening service we had to set up the church for the next day which is always fun. Beth and I laminated name badges and cut out little emergency info card things (can't think of a more sensible name for them) which was good. We missed out one of the name tags to be laminated though so we felt really bad (sorry Pam!).
So on Monday HBC started. I am part of Jonathan's team along with Cath Friston and Julia. We are the vultures. We had a good group of kids and they were all really well behaved. We weren't so good at the games but I think they had fun and that is all that counts!
Tuesday I went into town before HBC and raided Primark (love it!!) and came away with various items of clothing, then went to Boots to get this stuff that Jen had recommended called Bach Calm Spray (or something like that) because I had my mock driving test the next day. HBC was again good as usual.
In the evening Darlo were playing an away game in the Carling Cup against Stoke (REALLY wanted to go) who are a Championship team (i.e. play two leagues above us). We had a man sent off in the 12th minute or something like that and the Stoke went on to score. Well, we all thought that that was it but evidently not. We equalised through Logan just before half time then in the second half Julian Joachim scored an awesome goal which turned out to be the winner. So I was quite happy. I was hopeful for a win because we usually play better with 10 men anyway (more determined or something) and I also didn't realise that Stoke are a Championship side!!
So today (Wednesday) I didn't go to HBC. I had my mock driving test. I spent the morning revising the 'Show me/Tell mes'. Then Dad tested me on them and I drove about in the driveway just practicing. So at 3.30pm my driving instructor came to pick me up and we headed to ASDA where we were meeting the other instructor who was going to be my examiner for the day. So I did my test. I didn't think I'd passed but I did with only one minor so I was quite pleased with that. It was encouraging certainly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done on passin ur mock!!! roll on not mock lol! love Jen xxx