Friday, February 13, 2009

Not The First Time

Sarah made a comment on my Not Me! Monday post about Daniel Radcliffe that made me laugh hysterically (which is NEVER a good thing when you are on the computer really late and you don't live in your own house. There is a rather big possibility that you could awaken a number of people, even if you are in the basement!).

I had COMPLETELY forgotten but this wasn't the first time that I had (or had not!!) waited beside a stage door to attempt meeting somebody who I admired. The previous man in question was, of course....................................


ALED JONES

Sarah and I were very excited when we discovered that Aled Jones was doing a concert in Darlington at the Civic Theatre. Talk about a dream come true! Sarah and I actually didn't go to the concert together. She went with Clair Hacker and I went with my Mum, Anne, Meg and I'm sure there was someone else. The concert was actually AMAZING. Sarah even got mentioned by Aled because her dad had sweetly gone to the theatre earlier in the day to request that she was mentioned. I think we both nearly had a heart attack at that! Lucky lady!

So, to cut a long story short we decided to wait outside the stage door after the concert. We managed to persuade Clair to wait with us too. There were a few other people too but no police, barriers or black SUVs! We waited, and waited, and waited............ and waited.......................................... and waited! We even waited some more........ Every time the stage door opened we got excited but every time we were disappointed. Lots of people left and still no sign of Aled.... then the lights in the theatre went out. Oh! Well, unless he waited in the dark for us to leave (which is actually a valid suggestion because we are a little wild!), he had gone already. Snuck out. Without seeing anyone. G.U.T.T.E.D! I'll just have to wait a little longer before meeting him.

So that time I wasn't successful! But I thought I was doing something crazy by waiting for Daniel Radcliffe but I'd forgotten that it wasn't so crazy for me. I have a history with star stalking. Maybe I should be a little ashamed of that! But I had totally forgotten about that incident. Thank you for reminding me of it, Sarah! May we stalk stars together very soon in the future! Richard Armitage perhaps? Marat Safin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jo, I think you have just found our true calling, seriously, I waited ages for Lee Mead after Joseph but I wasn't out fast enough to get a good view and had to jump up and down with my camera to get above people's heads! Forget uni, let's go find RA!!! (i'm actually serious:)