Saturday, May 27, 2006

Today makes it a whole year since I got the keys to my flat! I can't believe that I have been here for a year already - it has just flown by (granted I did spend at least 5 months of the year in Darlington!). I really like my flat - it is probably about the only thing that I like about Glasgow. It is such a haven compared to living in halls last year which I hated so much! Where my flat is it is pretty quiet which I like but recently some one has started playing some kind of brass instrument (I'm thinking French Horn) really loudly. They are really not good - Mary Had A Little Lamb has never sounded so terrible. It took me a while to actually work out what tune they were trying to play! Hopefully they will get very good very quickly!
I am kind of annoyed this morning because I really don't know what David Hodgeson, the Darlington manager, is thinking. We have made two new signings. The first is Michael Cummins, a midfielder from Port Vale. The second, which I am really fuming about, is striker Barry Conlon. WHY??????? Barry Conlon used to play for Darlo. He left to go to Barnsley two seasons ago and I was so happy!! It seemed as if everyone really loved him when he played for Darlo - I certainly did not. Neither did Cath. He was the most frustrating player ever. He never put in any effort. The only time I saw him put in any effort was in his last game for Darlo when we were playing Scunthorpe and he clearly wanted a new club so he made an effort to look good. Even that didn't last for the whole match. The most annoying thing that he did, and I don't think I can express how annoying this was, was during a match and the ball was played into the box by one of our players and there was Barry Conlon lying down in the middle of the box doing nothing, not even making an effort to get up (he wasn't injured by the way). Good effort Barry! Totally sums him up.
I hope that he plays better for us this time - and granted he did get more goals than our whole team did this year - but I am not holding my breath. Gareth thinks that he will play better with a better team - well he didn't exactly play better with Barnsley who are in the league above us so I don't have much hope.
It is just so annoying because he is the only Darlo player who I REALLY don't like! I would stick a picture of him on here but just the thought of him makes me want to scream!

No comments: