Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I just want to say.... Yay!!!! Someone else other than Beth reads my blog!! Thanks for posting a comment Adam, hope the revision is going well!! Actually I do know that Sophie has been on a few times so if anyone views my blog PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEE leave a comment even if it just says hey!!

Firstly here are just a few photos of the players who were let go by Darlington today. Generally I think that they were expected but I am gutted about Jonjo!! He was one of my favourites. I know Cath'll be gutted about Matty Appleby..... the dream is finally over! These are pictures of Guy Bates, Jonjo Dickman, Joe Kendrick, Adrian Webster and Matty Appleby:

Unfortunately Matt Clark is still a Darlo player (actually he can be good sometimes).

I'm worried about Ryan though. Apparently he has an opportunity to return to Wales which he always said that he would do if he got the chance. DON'T GO RYAN!!!!!!!

I'm just going to have a World Cup rant now so be warned. I am so glad that I am in the States when it is on. English people become insufferable when it is World Cup time. Every four years they win the World Cup before they have even kicked a ball! The hype is just too much and then they feel absolutely crushed when things don't turn out the way that they planned. I know that Scotland hardly ever get passed the qualifiers but at least we know that there isn't a chance of us winning it! We don't have that false hope.
Maybe I will support the USA during the World Cup. They were really good when they played Scotland in a friendly (although you could say that any team would look good when playing Scotland - the Faroe Islands for instance - why do they get put in our group for every single qualifying round!). I don't think very much of the USA players' personalities though - they seem like idiots so maybe Sweden is the team for me. I have kind of followed Sweden through supporting Celtic!

If only he played for Darlo!! One funny thing though was that when Bobby Petta came to Darlo he was on my wall in a Celtic poster (I know, I'm the coolest person in the whole world!!). That was really awesome! He wasn't very good though!!

So in answer to Adam's question (see comment in previous post) I'm going to Colorado on a Christian camp thingy. They called it a Christian leadership camp and it looks at world views and covers such things as cults, environment and science and so on. It is just basically on the Christian arguments about these kinds of things. Am I making any sense? If you want a better explanation then it might be better to go to the website:
http://www.summit.org/conference/summer/
I'm going on the end of my family holiday to Pennsylvania/New York/Washington D.C. So I'm going to be in the US for a whole month (2nd June - 1st July, actually arrive back home in Darlo on 2nd!!) and I am so, so excited about it!! I have been buying lots of modest clothes - I'm not allowed to show too much leg or shoulder (seriously!!). Actually I have been in need of some new clothes for a while so this was a great opportunity to get some!!
Well, got to go and have some tea (it is sooooo good to be home!!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i some how came across ur blog & thought id do what you ask and leave a comment :) hope your ok, and uni is goin wel, it was lovely 2 c u last week btw. Jen xxx

Beth xxx said...

huh thanks jo!! aren't i enough?!?! hehehe
no one else reads mine besides you! and i can list a number of others who have looked at yours; sophie, dad, your parents, matt, jason- just to name a few!

anyway :) had my haircut-quite short! still getting used to it :S looking forward to next weekend, but have just found out wer going first thing on saturday&so have got to get up very early (ie 3/4) aaargh!

anyway, would probs have been easier to pst that on my blog than leave it as a large comment but never mind!!
hope your exams are all going well

beth xx

Beth xxx said...

P.S. have a fabulous time in america- i dont think il see you before then. have a wonderfull holiday!!