Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yesterday Mum, Dad and I had to get up early so that we could head to Edinburgh for the day to visit John and Morag. Dad had to sit an exam for the long distance course thingy that he does so John was going to invidulate it for him - had to make sure that he didn't cheat! Well we arrived in Edinburgh just before 11am and had a cup of tea. Then Morag, Mum and I went to Glasgow (which really isn't very far from Edinburgh) to check on my flat. On Friday we got a call from Partick Housing Association telling us that an alarm had been going off in my flat for a few days. This call really annoyed us because we had been planning to check on the flat on Saturday anyway. So I had to ring my friend Phil, whose parents have a set of my keys, and he had to go and check out the noise. It was the smoke alarm so Phil had to wrestle it off the ceiling because it is connected to the electricity. When we arrived there on Saturday though we found everything ok.
Didn't do too much in Glasgow. Went to the pet shop to get some food for little Zinny, looked around the Farmers Market that is held sometimes near my flat, then had lunch in a local cafe. After lunch I headed to a photo shop to print off even more pics (mostly Summit) whilst Mum and Morag went to Catherine's Of Partick (which is a clothes shop). We then headed back to Edinburgh where I put all my Summit pics in an album (cos otherwise I'd never do it). John and Dad had gone up Arthur's Seat (it is a hill) after he had done his exam. Jonathan and Graeme (John and Morag's sons) had been playing football all afternoon. Had dinner there and spoke to the bird that they have, who then landed on my head.
Listened to the World Cup 3rd place playoff on the way back home - Germany won 3-1 which I was pleased about. Had really wanted them to be in the final.

Was in church today. Beth was back from Beach Mission which I was pleased about because I haven't seen her for so long!!!
Ick! Federer just won Wimbledon - I am so sad. Did not want him to win!! Was supporting Nadal. It is so boring when Federer wins everything!

No comments: