Friday, July 14, 2006

Tomorrow I leave for camp. I had to write a talk for the Wednesday evening meeting so hopefully it makes sense and I don't mess it up when the time comes! I'm so excited to meet the girls who will be in my dorm - the Eagles!! Beth made a good suggestion about a verse that could be our dorm verse:

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:30-31

Awesome! Love it!! Hopefully camp will go well. It is a pretty tiring time but also really great. The girls ask so many questions about Jesus so you really have to know why you believe what you believe. It is really challenging!
Straight after camp I am going to Keswick along with just about everyone from church! I'm looking forward to it a lot. I'll be sharing a room with Beth which is always great - we talk A LOT!! Some of our friends are camping and quite frankly I think they are mental!! I don't understand people who choose to camp. It is bizarre! Keswick is a big christian convention or conference thing. It is always great! I don't really know how to describe it so this is the website address www.keswickministries.org
Anyways, this means potentially a two week break from blogging but I'll have a lot to write up when I get back!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time! ~Deborah

*Jo* said...

hey! Thanks for the postcard!! Love ya!