Monday, July 31, 2006

So I'm finally back home. I had two great weeks at camp and then Keswick. First I'll start with camp.
Well, I arrived at camp to a different dorm name - the Beavers. I was so unbelievably annoyed at first because I had prepared loads of eagle stuff for the dorm. But in the end the name grew on me. The five girls in my dorm were so awesome!! They were all great and just really pleasant, kind and sweet. I hope they had as good a time as I did. They ended up calling me Mrs Beaver and they were the Kittens! How cute! I was so worried about having a dorm on my own because last year I was sharing a dorm with another leader, Kirsten, but it turned out fine. They didn't seem to ask too many nightmarish questions and the ones that they did ask I think I answered ok.
It was so nice to have a really small camp - only 17 girls, 6 leaders and 3 cooks. It was so weird though at leaders prayers and things like that because the leaders' room is much bigger now than it was last year and we were almost drowning in the space on the first day but we soon found lots of things to fill it with (mostly craft stuff!). All week we kept thinking that we were missing people when in fact everyone was there. It was just bizarre!
I quite liked having only a few leaders this year. Agnes was leading the camp as usual, Laura was the ATL like last year and Kirsten was also there. It was so good to see them all again! They are just amazing! Then there was Lola, who I had met before (even been to her house) but clearly she couldn't remember! It was so great to get to know her - kept me entertained a lot! Finally there was Helen who was brilliant - You are such a blessing to me Helen! I love ya!!
So I had to do my talk one evening. It went so well and I was so pleased. I just pray that I got the message across to the girls in an understandable way. All the girls, most of whom are not from a church background, seemed to be really receptive to all that we were telling them about Jesus during the week and it was just fantastic!

So that was camp. Dad came up to Lendrick Muir and picked me up to go to Keswick. We were also giving Lola a lift because she was going too. She was staying in a caravan though - unlucky!! lol I'm sure she had a great time - although I don't have a clue cos I didn't see her at all after the first day!
Keswick was good but just not up to standard this year. The morning meetings were great - Ajith Fernando was speaking and he was great. We were looking at Ephesians 1. The evening meetings were a bit hit and miss to be honest. Derek Tidball was good. Steve Brady was good one night, but awful on the first and don't even get me started on Luis Palau!!! It was so hot last week that I just found it difficult to do anything. Twice I had to leave the tent because I was feeling ill because of the heat. One time I really thought I was gonna faint or be sick everywhere. It wasn't pleasant! It meant that I also didn't do a lot during the afternoons.
It was Beth's 18th on Saturday, then Meg's 15th on Tuesday so we had a few little parties. Great times! It was so awesome to have Megan and Tina in Keswick this year! Such fun!

David and Mairi were staying with us for the weekend and Megan and Tina at the Ainscoughs'. They've just left this morning. Very sad!

No comments: