Thursday, April 16, 2009

She's Country......

from her Cowboy boots to her down home roots. Country.

That is a Jason Aldean song, by the way, and is currently my alarm tone. And, granted I don't have the down home roots (oh, how I wish I did! I would consider giving up Scotland for them. I wouldn't, but I would consider it!) but I do have the Cowboy boots! Yee Haw!

Actually I have two pairs.

This was pretty much the first thing that I did when I was in Nashville. I walked into downtown (doing some geocached on the way, naturally!) and decided that before I could go on with my trip, I had to be properly equipped. I had read about a store in my Nashville & Memphis tourist guide from Frommer's called Boot Country so decided to check that place out first.
I have had this tourist guide book since last summer. I didn't plan to go to Nashville last summer but I really wanted to go at some point. I think I have read the book inside out and front to back at least three times. I love it.

I digress. I found Boot Country and they were having a humongous sale: Buy 1 pair, get 2 pairs free. I said, you buy one, you get two free. Oh, I came over all 'Frank's Factory Flooring' then! Wow, what a bargain!
I walked in the shop and asked someone to help me. I asked cos I've never bought Cowboy boots before and was pretty sure that I'd get it wrong. I would have, I think. But Molly, the woman I asked to help, was very helpful. She told me the three things that I should remember:

1) Your toes should be lying flat in the boot. The toe won't change shape so don't even bother hoping that they will. They may loosen up a smudge but nothing significant.

2) It should feel as if there is a strap over the top of your foot.

3) Your heel should lift up slightly inside the boot as you walk but if it lifts more than an inch then that is no good.

She did also say that you may have to go up or down a shoe size but it doesn't matter. Just go with whatever is comfortable.

So, with that information embedded into my brain I was let loose in the store. I managed to find two pairs that I liked and that fit well. I ended up just getting one pair free. Firstly, it was all I could take back with me. I didn't want to check any bags on the flight home. Secondly, I had found two pairs that I really loved and hadn't seen another pair that I really liked. It seemed pointless just to get that extra pair.
I wasn't sure about these ones at first. I didn't really think that they suited me. But it turns out that they are really, really comfy and.......
... look really good under jeans. Here I am standing on the circle at the Grand Ole Opry. This piece of floor was cut from the Ryman Auditorium and placed on the Grand Ole Opry House stage. More about that another day......

I actually don't have any pics of my other boots yet but I'll try and take a pic tomorrow or something. But they are totally different to these ones.

I gotta tell you, I LOVE my Cowboy boots! *In fact, I'm wearing a pair right now!!*

No comments: