Saturday, April 18, 2009

Loveless in the Loveless Cafe

On my first morning in Nashville I decided to take a wee drive to a little place called the Loveless Cafe.

No, it isn't like some singles cafe or something weird like that. It is named after some previous owners, Lon and Annie Loveless. They are pretty renowned apparently and are usually fairly busy. Maybe not for breakfast and maybe not on a Wednesday because it was dead, for want of a better word, when I was there. I definitely didn't have to wait for a table.

I decided upon granola and biscuits with gravy for my breakfast at the Loveless and, boy, was I pleased with it!

The granola was delightful!

The long orange things are dried peach. It was so tasty......... Sorry! Just remember it. Mmmmmm!

The biscuits and gravy was great.

These are biscuits in the US. Biscuits back home are cookies. Cookies don't taste good with gravy.

What you can't see in the picture are the three little pots of jam (strawberry, blackberry and peach) that came with the biscuits and gravy. This threw my a little because, just like cookies don't go well with gravy, neither does jam!

What you should know is that the biscuits are made with a secret recipe that is actually sold with the property when it changes hands. They were good, I will say that!

This is me. Loveless in the Loveless Cafe. And look, I'm rather happy about it! :-)

No comments: