Friday, April 17, 2009

Geocaching in Nashville

This is how things went.
Got off plane.
Picked up rental car.
Drove to hotel.
Checked in.
Laughed about the fact that my hotel room had no exterior window, just one overlooking the indoor pool (guitar shaped btw). Also laughed about the fact that my room had two doors.
Gave thanks that there was a security chain on both doors.
Geocached.

I decided to just do some geocaches straight away because otherwise I would get distracted and end up not doing any at all!

My hotel was right across the street from the LP Field where the Tennessee Titans play their football (American, of course. Boo!). Just behind that was a little 'park' beside the river. Downtown Nashville was over the river.
There were about 4 or 5 geocaches on this little stretch of land and I decided to make them part of my journey into downtown.
This was the first one that I found. I'll tell you that it was somewhere on the metal structure! Good place for photo opportunities!


The next one was further along the path. I had trouble with this one because I could see it but couldn't reach it. If worst came to worst I would have taken a picture of it and hoped that it would count as a find but in the end (after returning from downtown) I asked a tall muggle (non geocacher) to help me reach it. Except, he left before I had put it back so it was interesting getting it back into place! Again, it was in the metal structure!Then I crossed over into downtown but to do that I had to cross over the pedestrian bridge. Again, of course, there was another geocache and let's just say that I was a little worried that this one might just end up in the bottom of the river!I also did a virtual cache (which I haven't logged yet!). This is Fort Nashborough.

So, that was four that day. The next day I found another one by another of the bridges going into downtown. On this bridge there were some other good views.


Actually this is the Tennessee State Capitol which I saw from the bridge and had to go and find out what it was.

So there you have it. I found five in Tennessee. I was hoping to do more but I got one DNF and planned a few others but the tornadoes laughed in my face about those ones. Maybe another time.......

1 comment:

beth xx said...

lol, that building looks like batman! or maybe thats just me :P