Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 14th

Today I turned this:
and no, I don't mean five!
Yup, 23 years ago today I entered this world in a very dramatic fashion. Put it this way, my birthday was meant to be in June.

I didn't do much for my birthday but I had some money left over from my Nashville trip (which I will blog about, I promise - probably I'll start that tomorrow) so decided to buy myself a CD of the Country variety because I've come back from Nashville a little of a Country freak but I know very little about it so far. Anyway, as I was walking to the Country section, I stopped at the British TV DVD section. Potentially a big mistake! I fondly remembered Morrissey's Colonel Brandon and Rupert Penry Jones' Captain Wentworth before I spotted something that I couldn't leave the store without. And it goes by the name of Taggart!!!!!

Just couldn't resist putting this one in!My, oh my! I just about had a heart attack and I had no doubts about buying it even with the rather large possibility of having seen the episodes before. And actually I have watched one and a half episodes so far and I haven't seen either before. Yay!

After dinner, Ray, Kerry and Keira from next door came over and we had ice cream cake. Michella wasn't invited. She didn't eat her dinner so went upstairs and promptly passed out (fell asleep, not fainted - just in case you were wondering). She is still suffering from the time difference.


What is funny is that I never get called Jo in this house. EVER! Sometimes Michella calls me Jo Jo when she is being silly but that is it. Apparently, the lady in the ice cream place couldn't fit Joanna in. I think she could've squeezed it but whatever! It was just so weird to me, even though everyone else calls me Jo.Yes, there are 24 candles on the cake and yes, I am only 23. And, no, I didn't blow them out by myself but I had Alex, Julianna and Keira help me.

And just in case you forgot,

(BTW, there are people here who have called me blonde, this includes a hairdresser! I have yellow hair according to Chen Li. I may act it, but you can quite clearly see from this picture that I am in no way blonde. Got it?)

1 comment:

Marsmac said...

You look fantastic in these pics, and definitely not blonde