Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Today I had my second Gaelic lesson which was awesome. I'm so bad at it! It is a good laugh though and I have got to meet a few nice people. Had three really really dull lectures today. Was really struggling against sleep in my Early Modern History lecture. Classical Civilisation and Scottish History weren't quite so bad but it was a struggle to concentrate fully.
My Socttish History tutorial yesterday was actually surprisingly good - I really enjoyed it. It was a really complicated topic, but my tutor made it much easier to understand! I've got to say that I didn't really do much else yesterday.
Sunday was interesting because of the church that I went to in the evening, Partick South. It is a church of Scotland but not really a traditional one. I don't think that I will be going back there even though they were nice people, especially the minister and the student, Simon, that they have on placement there from the ICC (International Christian College). They gave me a few ideas for some other churches to try but I might go back to the Tron because it is a very good church - its just the travelling that gets me. I went to Partick Baptist as usual on Sunday morning and it was great to see the friendly faces that I've come to recognise over the past few weeks.
Came across a really good couple of verses today when I was doing my devos this morning and they were 1 Thessalonians ch5 verses 16-18 'Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.' This is often so hard but I think it is something very good to remember. I find it so difficult to be joyful, pray and give thanks even when I don't particularly want to or things seem to be going wrong! But this is what we have to do, even when it is difficult!

2 comments:

Beth xxx said...

Hey jo :) you know i really do like this blog! you don't seem so faraway when i know what you've been doing&stuff!

Beth xxx said...

Hey jo :) i really do like this blog! you don't feel so far away when i know what you've been doing :) im in english atm at college-and very bored!! marys not paying attention to what we're doing either so im sure no-ones really doing any work-eeesh!
anyway must go-i think i may post on my blog now.
bye :) beth xxxx