Sunday, November 13, 2005

This week has been quite an interesting one.
I started to learn some Gaelic which I am very excited about and also very bad at! I heard about it from my friend Fiona from my History 2EM tutorials who is leading the Beginners Gaelic class. I was so nervous about going but it actually turned out to be really great! I enjoyed myself so much!
It was Christine's birthday on Wednesday so I baked a cake (which actually tasted good - I was quite surprised!) and she came round to the flat so that I could give her her birthday presents. It was really nice to see her cos I haven't seen her for a few weeks now. 15 of us went to La Vita on yesterday night for a meal to celebrate her birthday. It was a really great evening - a chance to catch up with some friends and to meet some of Christine's other friends who I don't really know.
So today was interesting. I went to Scotland vs USA (football not soccer!). Was really excited about the match but was also apprehensive because I had to go on my own. My cousin, Margaret, was meant to come with me but she wasn't able to come. I decided that I was going to go on my own, partly through wanting to and partly because I couldn't find anyone to come with me! I managed to get there ok anyway. One of my other cousins Derek was at the match and I was hoping to see him but we just never quite got round to it. The good thing about a Scottish crowd is that they are definately friendly so I wasn't ever short of having someone to talk to which was nice because it was really a dull match! The USA went ahead on about the 5minute mark with a penalty. Although I didn't see why the penalty was given, I'm sure it was deserved, but the referee did give a lot of silly decisions the USA's way and nothing to Scotland. He did get better later on in the match. Scotland drew level through Webster. I totally was not prepared for that goal, did not see it coming at all!!
I was very excited in the 2nd half when Shaun Maloney came on as a substitute. He first came to my attention I think in 2003 when I was watching Celtic vs Stuttgart and he scored a goal. This is the first time that I have seen him play in the flesh! Very exciting! To be honest he didn't really get a lot to do in the match!
On a local note, Cath was telling me that Clark Keltie played for Darlo today. He has been injured for ages and I must say that I am not one of his biggest fans but it sounds like he did ok - apart from being sent off!! lol but apparently that saved a point for Darlo! His hair is still the same though - BIG mistake!!!!!!
Scores:
Football:
Scotland 1-1 USA
Darlington 1-1 Wycome Wanderers
Argentina 2-3 England (WHY??!)
Rugby:
Scotland 19-23 Argentina
England 26-16 Australia
Not a good results day really!!!

No comments: