Sunday, November 06, 2005

So, I'm at home for the weekend! It has been great seeing Mum and Dad (and Hattie of course), getting meals cooked for me (fantastic!) and catching up with my friends. Well yesterday (Saturday) didn't really go totally according to plan - Darlington crashed out of the FA Cup which, although isn't the end of the world, was certainly a bit gutting! As long as they don't crash out of the football league at the end of the season I guess it doesn't matter all that much. We definately deserved the replay and Barnsley only managed to keep hold of their 1-0 lead through some excellent goalkeeping and Darlo's tendency to hit the crossbar or post (grrrrr!). It wasn't really the most thrilling of matches and was made 50 times worse by the fact that it was ABSOLUTELY FREEZING!!!!! Barnsley is a very cold, smelly place! Having said that, I did actually enjoy being back at the football. I miss it so much when I'm in Glasgow - my Saturday afternoons are always so empty!
As yesterday was 5th November there was, of course, the annual fireworks display in South Park. I didn't actually go, but went round to the Ainscoughs' house afterwards for the food!! lol Had a good time talking to Beth - such good talks! lol
It was really great to be back at Geneva Road today. All those familiar faces! I just love being back there. Mark was preaching on Acts 2.40-41 and it was a really good reminder that those who believe in Jesus are seperate from this world - that we have to turn our backs on the things of this world if we trust in Jesus. We cannot have it both ways. Nothing in this life is worth giving up eternity with Jesus!

No comments: