Saturday, September 30, 2006

My first week of my third year at uni is over! It actually went pretty well which is surprising! The modules that I'm taking seem really interesting (so far!) and hopefully that will continue!
I only had one lecture for Saints and Sinners but had a seminar for it which was awesome! We looked at the questions:
1: What (if anything) does the study of history contribute to modern society and why are you studying history?
2: Do you think that people are more or less religious now than in the 16th century?
3: What is 'bias' and can it be avoided?
We got into groups and discussed these questions - we had differing views so we did a lot of discussing!!

I had three Barbarians lectures. In the second one we looked at two movies to look at how barbarians are viewed and pictured. We looked at Gladiator and The Fall of The Roman Empire. Both films are about the same point in history 180A.D (if I remember rightly) so it was quite interesting to compare and contrast them. We were just watching the first bit of Gladiator and one thing was really annoying me - at one point during the battle the music sounds sooooooo similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean music. So this week we've really just been looking at perceptions of barbarians.

I had two V&E Glasgow lectures which have actually been a lot more interesting than I thought that it would be!! This week we've just been having an overview of Glasgow really.

On Wednesday I made the very scary step of going back to CU. GUCU is pretty cliquey to be honest (not on purpose I'm sure) which is why I stopped going after the first few weeks of first year. I was terrified going back but eventually I spotted a girl that I had known from halls. She remembered who I was which really put me at ease and then a few more girls from the hall group also came along so I wasn't on my own! It an ok meeting, there were a lot of people there which was great. The hall group girls last year carried on doing a weekly bible study even after we've moved out of halls and they are carrying that on this year and they've invited me to join them! SO excited!

On Thursday I met Jess and we headed round to Georgia and Eliza's flat where we were joined by Michelle and Alison. It was really nice to see all these girls again and they were so friendly and welcoming that I didn't feel like I hadn't seen them for a year (going on two I guess).

It would seem that David Hodgeson (manager of Darlo) has been suspended. Can he come back from this? Well, with all that has already gone on this season with all these arguments with the board and so on I'm not so sure. Would he want to, is another question! It doesn't really help that our old assistant manager moved to Hibernian a few weeks ago so Maddo will be in charge of first team affairs. We drew 2-2 at home to Grimsby last night after leading 2-0. Obviously I wasn't there so I don't know if we deserved to win or not. I do know that we had a man sent off and that gives us a horrendous discipline record! We have had so many red cards from the end of last season to now. I can't believe it! And it is something that really affects the team because it usually means a 3 game suspension.

Just one week until the Scotland match against France at Hampden!! So excited!!!!!!!

No comments: