Thursday, April 27, 2006

Well the last few days haven't been too bad surprisingly! Yesterday I just had 2 lectures and a tutorial. The tutorial was for Biblical Studies which was really bad cos only 2 of us turned up - me and a guy who was clearly still drunk from the night before. Disaster! So our tutor decided that we would go and join the other tutorial group of whom there was only one!!!!!! So we didn't exactly do a lot in that tutorial!! Then I had History and then went for lunch with Fiona which was nice. After that I had Classical Civilisation and that was me finished for the day.
At around 4.30pm I went round to Fiona's flat for tea. I hadn't been to her flat before so it was interesting. It isn't too far away from my flat really, just a 15 minute walk. She shares with 2 girls who study at Jordanhill and are from Lewis. They were really nice and very friendly. They are Christians who go to Free Churches in Glasgow (one to Dowanvale, the other to St Vincent St). It was slightly bizarre cos they had a lot of photos up on their kitchen wall and I recognised quite a few of the people in them, including my cousins' cousin. Anyway, we had a really nice tea of pasta and then fruit salad - good job Fiona! We then watched a DVD. After that I was speaking to one of Fiona's flatmates, Annabel. It was so strange because we then realised that we'd been to a Free Church camp together when we were younger, and not only that but we were in the same dorm!! It is a very small world! Crazy!
Well today I had the usual 3 lectures. After C.Civ I went for a coffee (well, hot chocolate) with Laura. It was so great - we got into a very good discussion about all things Christianity etc. She gave me her views and I gave her mine as well as I could. I don't really want to go into what precisely we talked about because I don't think that is right or appropriate to but it was very interesting. It was a shame that we weren't able to carry on the conversation, though, because she had to go to an Italian Literature lecture.

If you get a chance please have a look at this video (hope it works). It Bury's Chris Brass scoring a howler of an own goal at the 96.6 TFM Darlington Arena on Saturday . Shame they made up for it and won but this video really is funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csQG0ZciFQ

No comments: