Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lunch And A Camel

Mum and I went for lunch with Lorraine yesterday. We headed up the A66 to Mainsgill Farm. They have a nice little tea room there, a farm shop and a gift shop. I'd been there once before when June was staying with us. Beth and Maureen came with us that time too.

We had our lunch, chatted then browsed the shops..... We may have purchased the odd bits and pieces too.
Mum and Lorraine posing in front of the herd of bale sheep. It was pretty windy up there as you can see. It is in a quite exposed location.
Mum and I then checked out the animals:
Some chickens....some cows........
buba donkey (there was a mama donkey too) and llamas........alpacas......and a camel!!Brilliant!!
Speaking of wildlife, I've just been watching a little creature feeding at the bird feeder. I couldn't work out what kind of bird it was at first then I realised........ it was a mouse! The poor birds can't catch a break! The feeder is 'squirrel proof' (I put that in inverted commas because that is debatable anyway!) but I don't think that there is a way that we can make it mouse proof.

No comments: