Sunday, November 08, 2009

House Guest

We have a guest staying with us this weekend. He is very sweet and well behaved and his name is Mr Bingley.

Did I mention he is a hamster?And a cute one at that?
This little fellow belongs to Sophie and since she was away this weekend, I have the honour of taking care of him for a few days. Mr Bingley has only been at his new home with Sophie for a week so he is still a little nervous but did I mention how stinking adorable he is!We have been waking him up and handling him a quite a lot so I think he is getting used to us a little. I'm sure that he'll be relieved when he goes home and has some peace and quiet.
Here is a note that he sent to his mama that I think proves my point:
Mum,
how could you leave me here? It is less like a hotel and more like bootcamp! They wake me up at all hours of the day and manhandle me. I was very nervous and shaky at first but I'm a bit more confident now. They did give me a bit of pear which I loved. I've been getting them back for waking me up by running riot and keeping them on their toes. They can hardly keep up! Can't wait to see you!
Mr B xPoor Phembo isn't all too sure about this arrangement. She thinks my hands smell funny cos I've been handling Mr. Bingley. She's not used to sharing me!!
But who could be mad at this wee man? I'm sure that she'd be fine with him once she got to know him. Well, either that or one would kill the other, you know, cos they're hamsters! Don't ever put two syrian hamsters together because there are only two outcomes: hundreds and thousands of teeny, tiny hamsters or one hamster. Either way, not good!

I've really enjoyed getting to know Mr Bingley. I'm hoping I get the chance to look after him again sometime soon!Such a sweet face!

1 comment:

Beth said...

lol, SOOO cute! im totally looking after him when soph swans off to cyprus :) poor phemie- she'll get you back properly now though! (dad&soph have just got back so Hammy is once more reinstated in the ainscough house:) )