Thursday, June 25, 2009

My New Playlist

So my Dad misses the old music on my blog. Well, tough. I liked the old music too but I wanted to put some music up on here that kind of sums up my time as an Au Pair. Be warned, it does get a little 'teeny bopper'. I do look after 3 girls after all. It is just something that I couldn't avoid.

Here is why I have chosen the tracks that I have:
1) Frank Sinatra - New York, New York: I am pretty sure that I'm going to be pining for this place when I leave. I'm going to try my best not to but I fear that it will catch up with me. I love NYC. Hard to believe that I never wanted to come back after visiting in 2006. Strange that I came back just over a year later! I am going to miss going to Broadway shows, going all over Manhattan geocaching, Dylan's Candy Bar, Central Park.... I could go on..... I can't wait to come back sometime soon!

2) Kiss - Rock and Roll All Night: This song is so random but is definitely the song of my first year here. The girls just love it. They loved it even before Guitar Hero. Hard to believe, I know. I had never heard the song before I came here. I'm surprised that I had even heard of Kiss actually. The family have a video of Vinny and his friends playing baseball in the good old days and Rock and Roll All Night is the song that is playing in the background. I was shown the video pretty soon after I arrived here and have been singing the song since.

3) Drew Seeley & Selena Gomes - New Classic: This song is featured on Another Cinderella Story which is Michella's favourite film (see post below). I love it too actually. I can't deny it. I'd like to, but I can't!

4) Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Day: First of two Nickelback songs. I love it. That's it.

5) Idina Menzel (Wicked) - I'm Not That Girl: This is played a lot in the house. Alex did this at her last piano recital so I've heard it a whole ton lately. I'm not complaining. I adore Wicked. I wish I'd gotten the chance to see it again.

6) High School Musical 2 - I Gotta Go My Own Way: First of the HSM tracks. I wanted to put more on here but I think that there is only so much teeny bopper-ness that one playlist can take. I chose this one because when Michella and I would walk Julianna to the Girl Scout Cabin we would always sing High School Musical songs. The Jonas Brothers and Miley would sometimes creep in there but it was mostly HSM. This was Michella's favourite one to sing. She would even act it out. So funny! Made the walk a whole lot more enjoyable.

7) Nickelback - Gotta Be Somebody: The other Nickelback on my list. Again, love it. Final.

8) Jonas Brothers - Burning Up: A Chiaramonte girls' classic. They love it so I hear it a lot. It is catchy. A little too catchy sometimes - gets stuck right in your head and it is impossible to remove! Funny video too. You should check it out!

9) Phantom - The Phantom of The Opera: Another Alex recital piece which she played for the recital previous to the last one. She actually did a medley and it was really good.

10) Miley Cyrus - See You Again: We love Hannah Montana. It is a little scary when you start watching it on your own when there are no kids with you. That happened to me. It was then that I knew that I had to stop watching so much TV. While I've been here the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Concert Tour showed in cinemas. I went to see it with the girls. Awesome stuff. Didn't see the Hannah Montana movie though.

11) Jonas Brothers - S.O.S: My favourite JoBros songs. I can't tell you the number of times that meals have turned into singsongs. The Jonas Brothers are a favourite for those times. Alex and Julianna like Nick and Michella likes Joe. I guess that leaves me Kevin. I always feel sorry for him. It seems like people forget about him a lot.

12) Jason Aldean - She's Country: I heard this song a lot in Nashville. I think it is awesome. Really funny. I like country music. People enunciate in country music. I can actually understand what they say! Woohoo! I hope that I'll get to go back to Nashville one day.

13) HSM 3 - A Night To Remember: This song has a story. It progresses. I like that. Funny too.

The next three songs are from bands that I went to see whilst I've been here:

14) Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby: Sept 07 at the Beacon Theatre with Julianna Conz (from Brazil). I was still feeling somewhat homesick at this point and had seen this concert advertised. I decided to see if I could get a ticket the day of the show. Julianna came with me. We had great seats. It was a lot of fun.

15) KT Tunstall - Other Side of The World: Nov 07 at the Roseland Ballroom with Julianna. Another act from home. Very exciting. Half her band didn't make it to the show for some reason (she said why but I can't remember). It didn't matter. She was excellent without them!

16) Relient K - High of 75: Nov 07 can't remember where. Went by myself to this one. Relient K and Switchfoot are two of my favourite bands. Their support act Ruth were great too.

Ok, done. The selection of music make a bit more sense now?

No comments: