Monday, June 01, 2009

A Momentous Day For Hamish

Saturday I went caching in the city. I was by myself this time as Chen Li had strep throat, although she joined me later on. I was working on a puzzle cache that included finding about 6 separate caches at little community gardens in the East Village. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The gardens were all so beautiful and caching in that area was just so peaceful. It made such a difference from the hustle and bustle of midtown. I managed to find five out of the six caches so that wasn't too bad really. I really didn't mean to take this picture like this. I prefer to take photos where people aren't pointing their behinds towards the lens like this! After caching downtown I headed uptown to Snug As A Bug In Central Park where I had decided to place my first travel bug. His name is Hamish. He is actually a keyring that my auntie, Kathleen, sent me. His goal is to get back to Darlington. I sent him on his journey exactly a month before I leave so it'll be interesting to see how he does. Hopefully he will get to his destination safely but we'll see!Chen Li came to see him off with me. So long for now, Hamish! Hope to see you soon! Safe travelling!

And because I really just cannot get enough of this sweet, sweet face......

No comments: