Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Mystery of the Lost Debit Card

I feel better today. Mostly, anyway. I think that a good, long sleep and a good, long cry helped. I know that it is sport that I am upset about but I have supported that club for 9 of my 23 years. That is a lot really.

Anyway, today I had planned to do a lot of caching but I just wasn't up to it so I decided to go to White Plains and just look around the shops. I got on the train at Crestwood just like normal.

Now, I'm going to give you a bit of background. I lost my Debit card probably about two months ago now. It was getting on for two weeks before I was leaving for Nashville and I couldn't find it anywhere. I was worried, not because I thought someone had stolen it, but because there was no way that I was going to go to Nashville without some kind of back up. I knew that someone hadn't stolen it because I had used it to buy something online and hadn't used it since but I could not, for the life of me, put my fingers on it.

I lost $300 in my room before and found it months later so I guessed that it was in there somewhere. Actually, I only knew that I had 'misplaced' $200 so the extra $100 was just a bonus! It has got to be genetic. If there was a prize for losing things then my Mum would win every time. There isn't any denying it. It is just fact.

So, I went to the bank and got them to send me a new card which duly arrived 5-7 working days later. I all but forgot about the original card.

Back to the train. I was getting out my train ticket that I put into the card section of my purse (in proper English a purse is a wallet, not a bag!) and I noticed something behind my medical insurance card.

You have got to be kidding me!

My lost Debit card was in my purse the ENTIRE time??!

THE ENTIRE TIME!

I use that purse every day. My beautiful 'Hattie' Radley purse! I did not see it once!

Well, it is pretty useless now but at least the mystery is solved!

No comments: