Friday, May 22, 2009

Crestwood Wildlife

This morning as I was walking passed the side door I spotted this:
Actually, it wasn't quite this. It was this little fellow here...
......doing this.
But, of course, my camera was upstairs so by the time I got it and came back downstairs the scene was a little different than the one that I had seen originally. Thankfully, though, Mr. Gray obliged and let me get a picture. Mr. Black tried to come back and claim the winnings but he'd lost out at this point.
They were licking the inside of a Nutella tub that I put in the recycling last night. That'll teach me to recycle.
We have a pair of cardinals that made a nest in a tree just over the fence in our neighbour's garden. Yesterday, we caught a glimpse of the babies. We aren't sure how many there are but there are at least two.
Here is one in the tree (if you can spot it). He's kind of to the right in the middle.

Don't worry, Papa Cardinal was watching out for his babies. Mama Cardinal was flitting about too.I love cardinals..... but not when they sit in the tree outside my bedroom window and sing very early in the morning.

No comments: