Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I ♥ My Mum

*This post was written last week sometime but the internet has been very tempremental here so I haven't been able to get this post on the blog until now. I also want to add more photos but Blogger is being unreasonable just now so I'll try again later! Keep your eyes open for them!*

I had such a good weekend with my Mum. We packed so much into the time that she was here that it felt a lot longer than just a few days.
On Friday evening we went to a fondue restaurant. Swiss cheese fondue, salad and then chocolate fondue. She has the pictures so maybe she'll send some to me and I can put them on here (hint, hint - and btw, I mean send by email, not snail mail!). *By the time that I managed to get this post out onto the blog, the pics have been put on Facebook!* On Saturday we went into the city and geocached. Naturally. We found 10. Chen Li joined us too.
The highlight (for me, anyway) was the red velvet cupcakes. Hmmmmmm! SO good!
We went to see Billy Elliot the Musical on Saturday evening. I was dubious about going. Really. I just couldn't see how Billy Elliot could be a musical. I just could not imagine it. Well, what can I say? I LOVED it! Really, truly loved it. The music was great, the dancing was great. The accents were a little interesting at times. But I think I am going to start using 'nowt' in conversation. Let's see how confused I can make these Americans!

On Sunday we went to church and then to Alex's confirmation dinner. It was really so enjoyable. My Mum got to meet a lot of the people that I had mentioned to her in phone conversations.

On Monday we packed up a lot of my stuff for my Mum to take home with her. It made me really sad actually. My noticeboard is looking very empty right now.

I had a really great weekend with my Mum and I was sad to see her leave. It really felt like she was here a lot longer than just a weekend! So much fun!

No comments: