Thursday, January 01, 2009

Photo Soup

First, my second weekend at the Campbells' house in PA. We went geocaching on Saturday morning. Mairi found one....
Meg and I made shortbread on Saturday evening. Tina was sick so we couldn't let her anywhere near it. While the shortbread was in the oven we watched tapes of Blue Peter. Good ones with Simon and Matt. Awesome stuff!
Butter:
Sugar:
Flour:
Wearing our pinnies. We worked so hard that we got flour all over our faces.
Not true. We put it there on purpose. We are THAT cool!
Shaping the biscuits:
And I'm gonna tell you, the shortbread tasted awesome!! Had to put my new found shortbread skills into good use the next week cos I needed to make something for the lighting of the Crestwood Christmas tree which was a Girl Scout event. I tried to call Megan to get the recipe but they weren't in so I had to find a recipe on the internet. It ended up well though.

The girls and I made some cookies (shortbread-esq). They were red and green (so I had stained hands from the food colouring) and Julianna decided that we should make them for Santa so we made them again for Christmas Eve.



When it snowed heavily about two weeks Kerry next door made snow candy.

The recipe called for freshly fallen snow packed into roasting tins and maple syrup heated until thick.

No comments: