Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Weather And The Guests

It has been a fun couple of days.
It has been mighty wintery too. I thought I'd seen the last of snowy or icy winters when I said goodbye to New York.
As you can see, the snow that I spoke about in the last post was just the start of it all. The pavements are still lethal. Walking into town is a challenging adventure in itself. I can't believe that I haven't landed on my butt.... yet. Believe me, with no sign of gritters or the weather warming up anytime soon there is still plenty of time for that to happen. Apparently we are going to get more of the same over the next few days too..... Forgive me if I'm not overjoyed at the prospect of it.

We did have a White Christmas though which was nice.... It was an Official White Christmas too with snow falling on the day itself.

The week before Christmas we had two little guests staying with us until they could move into their real home at Christmas. The reason that I didn't write about them before was because they were presents and I couldn't risk anyone seeing something that they shouldn't.

So, more about these guests. They were two tiny dwarf hamsters - Winter White Russians to be precise. I totally fell in love with the little monsters. I nicknamed them Gilbert and Sullivan (which probably contributed to the loving them business but I couldn't have them to stay for the week being nameless). I still haven't heard what their official names are yet. But here are some pics of Bertie and Sully. I had such fun with them. They were so adorable.Such sweet boys! Bertie is the grey one and Sully is white.

Don't worry, I have by no means forgotten about this little minx. She is still sweetness itself.

No comments: