Friday, September 25, 2009

The New and Improved Phonetic Alphabet

For some reason the other night my Mum and I decided to try and remember as much of the Phonetic alphabet as we could. We didn’t do too well. If you look at the table below the words in bold are the ones that we remembered. It took a looooong time to get even that many, believe me. We started to fill in the blanks with our own suggestions and then just went ahead and completed our own version. Personally, I think it is an improvement on the original with my favourite being ‘Dog breath’.

Real Phonetic AlphabetOur Made Up Version
AlphaAnthill
BravoBeehive
CharlieCobweb
DeltaDog breath
EchoElbow
FoxtrotFleabite
GolfGrandpa
HotelHanky
IndiaIgloo
JulietJester
KiloKrakow
LimaLipstick
MikeMousetrap
NovemberNoggin
OscarOdd job
PapaPirate
QuebecQuibble
RomeoRudolph
SierraSandbag
TangoTeacup
UniformUdder
VictorViolin
WhiskeyWobble
X-rayXFactor
YankeeYorkie
ZuluZiplock

No comments: