Friday, September 18, 2009

My Little Jet-Setter

*Updated Below*

It has been a while since I have updated you on my wee friend, Hamish.

I think that it is fair to say that I have beaten Hamish home. I've been back in the UK for over two months and he has been jetting the globe since May 30th.
So Hamish started his journey in Central Park, NYC. Since I said my farewells to him on that sunny day with Chen Li he has travelled nearly 4000 miles (3969 miles to be precise). He has made 3 further stops on his journey so far. He was in Germany for a good long while. Firstly in the north near the Belgian border, then he moved further south right by the French border south of Strasbourg. Next he moved to just beside the Swiss border, in fact the nearest city to him at that point would be Basel.


Now he has finally crossed the Swiss border and is in a Travel Bug hotel at Zurich Airport! How exciting. Maybe he'll come closer to home this time.... or maybe he'll travel further away! Either way, I can't wait to find out!

*Update: It is now 00:07 on Sept 19th. Hamish has already been picked up. According to the log left by the person who collected him he is heading eastwards! How thrilling!*

No comments: