Thursday, November 06, 2008

Visitors

I should probably have written this post a couple of weeks ago...... because it happened a couple of weeks ago. But, oh well! Better late than never as they say.

I managed to meet up with my Mum's cousin, Marj, and her family one Thursday night in NYC. It was so nice to see them. We met at Grand Central (thankfully I was able to get off work a little early because Michella had gone to a birthday party and Robbin dropped me off at the station on the way home.) and then had some dinner. We caught up on the football..... no one is too impressed by George Burley (really, he is awful!) and how the rest of their holiday had gone so far. Sounds like they had a great time. They flew into Atlanta and travelled round a few places before heading to Memphis. They know some people from there through church connections so I think they had a good time catching up with everybody. So, the last stop was NYC. They were staying in Hospitality House which is the hotel that my parents and I have always stayed in. Pure coincidence though! And to think how many hotels there are in New York!

Olivia with Hello Kitty
We ended up wandering the streets for the rest of the evening just catching up and chatting. I did force them to help me with a geocache though. It was Ali who eventually found it so thank you to him!! I'm not sure that they are convinced about geocaching (I think they thought that I was a bit weird!) but we'll see! Maybe we'll have hooked in somebody else!
Ali found it!
Mike, Ali and Marj with the log. It was really difficult to get it back in the cache. It was also VERY, VERY full!
At the Berlin Wall.... in NYC (l-r: Laura, Marj, Mike, Olivia, Ali)
Marj also found a new connection to Rachael (the au pair who was here before me) as our grannies used to go to the same bible study. All these connections are a little bit scary now! There are too many! Scotland is too small a place!
In other news, the infrared rubbish bin opened and closed by itself the other day. That is what it is meant to do, I hear you cry!............ But not when nobody is in the vicinity at all!!! Spooky! lol

No comments: