Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some Of The Snow

We've started to thaw out a bit. Well, in the North East anyway..... I'm not sure about North of us and I'm pretty confident that the South of England and Wales are still struggling with the weather but here the snow is disappearing. Hurrah!

So, while there is still at least a dot of snow lying on the ground I thought that I'd better upload some of the photos from our trip up North. I can't take credit for all of them..... in fact any of the first bunch. Mum stole my camera (well, borrowed. She did ask my permission.) and got snapping. The snow was pretty deep and it snowed just about everyday that we were there at least once.
Apparently Mollie never goes into her kennel.... except for photo shoots!On New Year's Day my cousins and I decided to go sledging...... in the evening. It was dark. Really dark! We had a lot of fun. I was a bit of a wimp compared to the others but to be fair, they'd been flying down the brae for about two weeks before I even got there. It was a struggle to even get to the brae at all (well, for me. I'm extremely unfit!) because we had to walk through undisturbed snow. It is really tough to walk through snow that comes up to the top of your wellies..... especially when your cousins are ploughing (ha!) on ahead and you don't have a torch!! It was super fun when we got there though!This was my run on the super fast sledge. I didn't go fast. I veered off the track and ended up thigh high in snow. Eesh! It was the last run as well and I'd psyched myself up to go really fast. Oh well!I may have done a few face plants in the snow. Or not. Whatever.

By the way, this is what I had to put up with at lunch......... who said face to face contact was becoming obsolete??

No comments: