Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Little Knitters

I recently got back into knitting. I hadn't done it for a while but now I am very much loving it (in fact, don't be surprised if you get a knitted gift for Christmas..... Beth, I am working on yours right now!!). The girls were very interested in the knitting and so I got Julianna a knitting kit for her birthday. Last week the girls had vacation for the Thanksgiving holiday so I sat down and taught them how to knit. Even Alex had a go, although it took me a while to persuade her. They all did very well, particularly Michella. I wasn't terribly surprised. She took to cross-stitch very well last year while Julianna struggled with it. Julianna also did very well with the knitting and she had much less help from me than Michella did. Michella was getting very frustrated that we weren't actually making a particular item at that point and were just practicing. She didn't quite get that we weren't making a cabled sweater yet. There is something called walking before you run, Michella!
Anyway, it was a lot of fun!

No comments: