Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Jeans of Humility

Yesterday I came to the realisation that I have very few clothes to wear. With the cold weather (oh, so cold!) and the fact that I had pretty much worn out last years cold weather clothes, a shopping trip was definitely on the cards. I took myself off to Cross County Mall and there the damage was done!
I had some things in mind to buy - a body warmer, a fleece, some jeans and maybe a couple of shirts. Most things I got and duly wore them to pick up the girls from school.
My new jeans are a really dark wash, a size smaller than the last pair I got and fit really nicely. I felt so smart and I decided to wear my boots with them for added effect! So I'm strutting along... pick up Michella and then walk to the other end of the school to pick up Julianna. I was chatting to one of the mums.... for no less than 10 minutes!!..... all the while feeling really great about myself when she goes, 'Hang on a sec' and peels a label off my jeans. It was one of those long sticky labels which helps you find the size in the shop. Unfortunately it also helps other people see the size that you recently bought when you forget to peel the label off. Ooops!!! Most embarrassing and certainly put me back in my place!
What can I say? Pride surely does come before a fall!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh jo!! lol, would happen wouldn't it?!! am enjoying reading your blog :) and i want one of those bins for my next bday- you got that?! xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Aha, so that's the story behind the jeans. (-: