Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The most random, unconnected post ever!

There is an outbreak of headlice at the girls' school. What joy! Yesterday's count was 22 kids and it rose again today but I'm not sure by how much. The nurses haven't even gotten round to checking all the kids yet! Unreal! We're keeping a close eye on things here. I got worried cos my scalp has been itchy, really itchy. This CANNOT happen! Robbin just checked me and I've been given the all clear! Yay!........ And my head has stopped itching! Miraculous!

We're trying all the preventative measures that we can. Tea tree oil apparently works to repel lice which is great because it is natural. I dislike the idea of the really strong lice treatments on the kids' hair. Today we got some hair care products from Fairy Tales. We got shampoo, conditioner and a spray. It works like bug spray. It repels the insects. Hopefully it works! I don't want headlice! I also don't want to keep my hair dirty. I hate it when my hair is dirty. It has to be clean........ which, of course, headlice love!! Well, fingers crossed for the shampoo!


Darlington played Bradford last night. It was on Sky and I even got a text from my uncle, Iain, who was watching it in a bar in Tenerife! We won 2-1 which was awesome. It saw the return of Barry Conlon (urgh!!) to Darlington. He drives me up the wall. This photo shows that he really hasn't changed one bit.

He is the guy in not in the black and white (I'm struggling to describe Bradford's colours!). This is the pose that he was constantly using when playing for us. Stop complaining and play football, Barry! Just get on with it!

Lastly, here is a pic of my Mum and Dad at Sophie's 18th ceilidh. Beth said I could use it so thank you, Beth! Don't they look wonderful! I miss them everyday but I spoke to them today so I'm happy!

I'm just wondering where the rest of the people at the party are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they'd all gone home! was at 12 ish, just as your mum&dad were leaving, so i made your dad put his jacket back on (though not the bowtie!) and took a pic. loved your mums dress! she looked just lovely.
wish you could have been there! if your away when i have my 21st party i will scream!! lol
love you xxxx