Saturday, November 18, 2006

I managed to get up in good time today to head out to Edinburgh. I got the train from Queen Street at 10am and met Margaret at Edinburgh Waverly at 11.15am. It doesn't actually take that long to get from Glasgow to Edinburgh but we planned to meet at 11. I arrived at about 10.50 and Margaret at 11.15!! lol
I really wanted to go to Starbucks so we walked pretty much the whole way along Princes Street to get to one! How ridiculous! There were two at one end of the street and none at the end where we started! It is so different to Glasgow where there is one on every corner! Anyway we got there eventually. So, we had our Starbucks and then rang my Dad who had arrived at the Rosses. Instead of picking us up as planned, they decided it would be easier for us to get the bus!! Nightmare! First it took us ages to find the bus stop and when we did the no. 11 had just left so we had to wait about 15mins for the next one!! We did get to our destination in the end. It was good to see Mum and Dad and Hattie, of course! We had lunch and chatted for a while and then Mum, Morag, Margaret and I headed out to a shopping centre. Great fun! We spent most of the time in Marks and Spencer. It was so busy that Margaret and I kept losing each other. I bought a brilliant hat but would have loved to have bought some of the beautiful skirts, dresses and tops that they had. I was obviously in a girly mood! We did eventually make it out of M&S and ended up in Dorothy Perkins. Margaret and I both got winter coats - the same style but different colours! Very exciting!
After we were done shopping we took Margaret back to her flat and then went back to the Rosses for tea. Then I pretty much had to head home on the train back to Glasgow! It was a nice day but I didn't want to come back to Glasgow or say goodbye to my parents!

No comments: